Master of Journalism Integrated Marketing Communications Admission
- Fall – June 1
- Spring – Nov. 1
- Summer – Feb. 1
1. An Application
Learn more and apply on the KU Edwards Campus website.
2. A Non-refundable Application Fee
This fee is payable online to the University of Kansas, $65 (domestic, degree seeking); $30 (domestic, non-degree seeking).
3. Three Letters of Reference
Letters of reference should be from persons familiar with your abilities. When you apply online, you will be asked to submit names and email addresses of your references. They will be contacted via email with a web link to complete an online questionnaire and information on how to upload a recommendation letter. Please make sure your references meet the following criteria:
- It is preferred that no two letters are from people at the same company
- At least one reference must be an academic reference if you have been out of school less than five years
- At least one reference should be from a current or former supervisor.
4. A Current Resume
Upload to your online application where indicated.
5. Three Samples of Professional Work
Samples should reflect your years of experience. You may scan these into one document and upload into the “Writing Sample” or “Other” spot on the online application.
To complete your application, please have the following materials mailed to: The University of Kansas Edwards Campus | Attn: Matt Tidwell, Marketing Communications Graduate Program | 12600 Quivira Road, Suite 117B | Overland Park, KS | 66213, or e-mail them to Program Director Matt Tidwell.
- Official Transcripts of all college and university work. You will be required to upload an unofficial copy of the transcript showing your undergraduate degree on your online application. If you don’t have one, upload a receipt showing you have ordered an official copy from the institution, which they may mail or email to the physical or email address above. If you received your undergraduate degree from KU, we can access your transcript information internally.
Note: We accept applications from international students who are here on a work visa and qualify to attend school on a part-time basis. International students whose native language is not English also must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination scores or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination scores. International students must also submit proof that they have the financial resources to cover annual expenses, by submitting an official financial statement. Required information is listed on the International Application. (The IMC program is for working students so no assistantships are available.)