Summer marketing intern (Kansas City, Missouri)
Applications accepted via email by April 5
At the Kansas City Area Development Council we're not just a nonprofit, we're the sales and marketing team for the Kansas City region. We work every day to position KC as a top business and lifestyle destination, and we create innovative strategies to attract companies and people from around the world.
Our team is pretty great at what we do. We've been named the No. 1 regional economic development group in the country, and we're looking for a rock star who loves KC as much as we do to join our team.
As a marketing intern, you'll dive in on day one. You'll ideate and create content across a variety of platforms to showcase KC's top industries and highlight the best of our region's lifestyle. You'll be a part of a new national branding campaign for KC, create and attend top events across the region, and meet some of the coolest people who call our city home.
If you're a go-getting disrupter looking for a summer experience with real work to add to your portfolio, this opportunity could be perfect for you.
What You'll Be Doing
• Work on KCADC marketing, branding and communication efforts for business attraction, investor relations and our industry initiatives
• Develop and implement weekly social media editorial calendars and for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
• Work with KCAD's Events Director to execute gatheerings and events for our investor, client and community partners
• Update copy and imagery using CMS platform (Sitefinity) for all of KCADC's digital platforms
• Build e-communications through a mass email platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
• Research burgeoning fields of interest in destination marketing and talent attraction
• Actively participate in the implementation of MyKC, the summer intern program for the region, which promotes KC's lifestyle to hundreds of young professionals
What We're Looking For
• A current student or recent graduate pursuing marketing, public relations, communications or related field
• A portfolio of relevant marketing and communications work showcasing your experience
• A strong mentality in a fast-paced environment with great interpersonal skills
• Strong organization and ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and assignments to meet deadlines
• Ability to jump in and help however you're needed while maintaining attention to detail
• Exceptional writing skills, and experience with all types of media writing
• Proficient in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, podcasts and blogs
• Strength in Microsfoft programs (Word/Excel/Outlook)
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples via email to:
Angela Orr, marketing manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5