Strategic partnership intern (Kansas City, Missouri)
The Strategic Partnership department of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce is seeking an outgoing and engaging intern to assist its efforts to deepen our relationships with our members. This intern will become an important part of our team and provide support for our amazing 2,000+ members companies. Our interns are an integral part of the KC Chamber, and we value candidates who are driven to succeed and interested in community leadership.
Internship duties will vary but may include the following:
- Members engagement phone calls, e-mails and ongoing communication
- Networking event support. Including Ribbon Cuttings, Neighborhood Networking, Face 2 Face
- Database management
- Supporting our Small Business Celebration
- Supporting our Cost Saving Benefits programs
- Researching new and innovative programs and benefits that may interest our members
Journalism and Business majors are encouraged to apply. This is a fantastic opportunity for students to see how the business community operates, engage in networking events and observe interactions and decision-making among community and business leaders.
Internships with the KC Chamber are not paid but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
Class credit is available to students.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, possess effectual critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Reliable transportation
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2aU0FXU8fOqDKkJ and fill out an application.
- Resume is required
- Writing Sample and/or Cover Letter is encouraged
- Contact Kristine Vainovska Twidwell