Social media intern (remote)
Veterans Voices Writing Project is a national nonprofit which exists to enable military veterans to experience solace and satisfaction through our writing program. Established in 1946 as the Hospitalized Veterans Writing Project, the organization solicits prose, poetry, photographs and artwork from veterans across the country and publishes them in a magazine three times per year.
Veterans Voices Writing Project is governed by a volunteer board of directors who conduct the day to day business of the magazime. Our current focus is to increase awareness of writing and art as therapy thereby increasing both writers and subscribers to Veterans' Voices magazine. To that end, the marketing committee of VVWP is looking to organize and expand our social media presence.
Location: Remote, although office space is available in Lawrence and Kansas City, Missouri
Purpose: Assist marketing committee by creating and implementing a social media marketing plan
• Working with the board, create a system fo rmaximizing VVWP's social media presence
• Skills needed: knowledge of trends in social media, specifically Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Starting date: early 2020
• Time commitment: 8-10 hours per wek
• Schedule is extremely flexible, most work can be done independently
• Application process: email resume and links to any social media sites currently managed
• Email resume to Lori Kesinger, Outreach Coordinator, Veterans Voices Writing Project, firstname.lastname@example.org