Senior commercial producer (Kansas City)
KCTV5/KSMO, a Meredith Corporation station, is seeking a senior commercial producer. The senior commercial producer oversees television commercial production and other sales related projects as well as local programming. This position also accompanies account executives on sales calls and provides information about the production process. The commercial producer plays a lead role in maintaining the level of creativ excellence necessary to entice clients to use the station's producdtion services.
Essential job functions
Accountabilities, actions and expected measurable results
40% Retail commercial production. Partners with sales management, account executives and commercial clients to develop high quality commercials. Creates, writes copy and produces television commercials for clients and other sales related projects.
25% Coordinates and performs all facets of commercial production, including shooting, editing, audio recording, acting and graphic production
20% Attends specific sales department meetings, sales calls with account executives, and client one-on-one meetings
15% Coordinates community programming. Supervises producers and other staff members to produce long-form projects as identified by sales and the general manager. Works with representatives from respective agencies as well as serves as a liaison to internal departments.
Closing date: April 19, 2019
• Minimum of 5 years experience in broadcast television production. Minimum of three years as a commercial television director or production manager
• Must have prior executive producer experience for non-news related programming
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
• Proficiency with production equipment, including DVC Pro and Betacam-SP formats
• Proficiency with Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop and After Effect as well as field production techniques
• Must possess excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Proficiency with a Microsoft Office Suite
• Must possess a valid driver's license
30 % local travel, rarely overnight