Research intern (Kansas City, Missouri)
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce (KC Chamber), is seeking a self-motivated intern to assist in research and programming efforts. The internship will primarily support the World Trade Center – KC (the international division of the KC Chamber) with some time spent supporting the Civic and Community Initiatives team. The internship will be concentrated within a respective scope of work, but duties will vary from international market research and reporting to relationship building and effective customer service management with members and investors. This internship includes both independent work and opportunities for collaborative projects and high visibility interactions with business, community, and elected leaders. Our interns are an integral part of the KC Chamber, and we value candidates who are driven to succeed and interested in community leadership.
Internships with the KC Chamber are not paid but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career. Class credit is available to students who meet the prerequisites.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including high levels of both written and spoken English language
- Self-directed, possess effectual critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience utilizing databases for research and reporting a plus
- Reliable transportation
- An interest in international business is a plus
- This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2aU0FXU8fOqDKkJ and fill out an application.
- Resume is required
- Writing Sample and/or Cover Letter is encouraged
- Professional social media examples encouraged
- Contact Kristine Vainovska Twidwell