Program host/newscaster (Fairway, Kansas)
KCTV, a Meredith Corporation TV station, is hiring a host to join our Better Kansas City program. Better KC, our daily weekday lifestyle program, talks about the stories of the day and creates program segments that relate to our viewers' lives. A Better KC host does it all: write, edit, produce segments, packages and conduct live shots and studio interviews. Must be comfortable with all types of showcasing and producing. Conduct live in-studio interviews. Segments are sponsored and sold by KCTV/KSMO sales department. Works with sales team to achieve client goals. Research client and their plans for the segment. Schedule studio and field production. Host client segments/interviews, making sure that client is comfortable, natural and effective on air. Work with photographer/editor to complete post production as needed. This job is as much about being a television personality as it is about being a customer service agent to our clients.
Essential job functions
• 30% - High quality representaiton and presentation of Better KC. Must be able to create fun chemistry with other show hosts on air as well as being a great storyteller.
• 25% - Write, edit and produce segments and packages. Conduct live shots and studio interviews, including long format interviews.
• 15% - Thoroughly research and plan the production of each segment.
• 30% - Work directly with KCTV/KSMO sales and show clients to produce montetized segments. Develop strong client relationshipos, work with sales team to achieve client goals. Make client comfortable, positive and effective during shooting of segment.
Closing date: Sept. 30, 2018
A minimum of 5 years on camera experience in news, television broadcasts or as a television program host. Writing a must, editing a plus.
Minimum qualifications and job requirements | All must be met to be considered
Education: College degree preferred. High school degree required.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
• Must be able to conduct conversational interviews and handle live television environment
• Good organization and planning skills
• Good at working independently and as part of a close-knit team
• Strong interpersonal relations and the ability to build chemistry with co-hosts and clients
• Knowledge of camera shots, editing knowledge
• Knowledge of Missouri/Kansas a plus
% travel required (approxmiate): In-town 80%, out of town 20%
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings