News producer (Fairway, Kansas)
The News Producer creates, coordinates, and executes the newscasts. This position provides editorial and production direction to field crews regarding content, coordination and newscast execution. In addition, the News Producer coordinates efforts of Anchors, Reporters, Editors and other staff toward crafting a compelling newscast. Develops day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the station’s profitable newscasts.
One to two years producing or production support experience for a television or cable station.
Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism, communications or related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Experience using Avid, internet production tools, MS Office and Wide Orbit strongly preferred
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule and work as a member of a team
• Must possess advanced understanding of newscast presentation
• Must possess excellent writing and graphics skills with ability to provide an interesting and substantive product. Must be results oriented.
• Ability to focus on coordination of daily and long-range segments from first contact to on-air product.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
• Previous experience with script writing and editorial experience preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
Contact: We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team. Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings