National Blues Museum marketing/public relations intern (St. Louis, Missouri)
The National Blues Museum is a non-collecting, cultural museum located in the heart of downtown St. Louis. Opened in 2016, NBM is a learning institution with an opportunity to further develop a candidate's creativity, marketing knowledge and experience with the music world.
The National Blues Museum explores and preserves the historic significance of the Blues as the foundation of American music, celebrates the genre's various styles and recognizes the musicians who created, sustain and continue to advance the art form.
2019 National Blues Museum Marketing Internship June-August (10-12 weeks)
NBM Marketing is responsible for implementing and managing the Museum brand initiatives, printing the majority of products required by Museum staff and partners, editing the Museum website, and producing a wide range of digital products used for both marketing and promotional purposes.
The marketing intern will assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans for a variety of areas, including museum membership, development, field trip services, special events, educational programs and live concerts. Assist with community event promotions by completing organizational tasks and gathering marketing materials for events and occasionally working events or programs. The candidate must be reliable, independent, highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent writing and computer skills. Must be able to meet deadlines and have knowledge of wide array of music genres and corresponding demographics.
The internship will provide hands-on experience in marketing communications through projects that provide the intern with a sense of responsibility, ownership and accomplishment while supporting interdepartmental programs and prospering the arts.
• College student (2nd year+) pursing a degree in marketing, business or related field
• Mastery skills in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (must apply wtih Instagram account)
• Experience analyzing organic and paid marketing campaigns
• Microsoft and Adobe Suite savvy
• Be able to write good fluff, dynamic copy and effective press releases
• Have a passion for music, a fan of the industry and willingness to learn
• Be self-confident and be able to handle yourself professionally
• Ability to work both idependently and collaboratively
• The minimum time commitment is three days per week, to be spent across a minimum of 24 hours per week. Event support will be in addition and as needed.
• Proficiency with image and video editing is a major plus
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com