Marketing/PR internship (Topeka, Kansas)
Family Service & Guidance Center, a leader in children's behaviorial health care, is seeking a creative, enthusiastic professional to fill a summer internsip position (beginning May 20, 2019 through Aug. 16, 2019) with our Marketing and Development team.
For the right individual, it will an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a large non-profit organization, not to mention, build your portfolio.
The Marketing/PR intern will assist with the planning and executino of marketing, advertising, fundraising and public relations functions. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Implementing the agency's public relations, marketing and development strategy
• Assisting with planning and executing FSGC's signature fundraising event - Works of Heart, which raised over $110,000 last year
• Representing the agency at special events
• Distributing marketing and promotional materials as needed
• Writing/editing copy for internal and external websites
The intern should be at least a second-year student, preferably majoring in PR/marketing, advertising, mass media, graphic design and/or communication studies. Experience in graphics and layout is a plus.
The ideal candidate will work 40 hours a week, including an occasional evening and/or Saturday. The pay is $9/hour. This internship could be completed for college credit if the student wishes.
Background checks and drug screen required
Submit your application for consideration by Friday, March 15.