Marketing internship (Kansas City)
Students pursuing any major are welcome to intern at March of Dimes. The majority of past interns have come from the communications, nursing, public health, nonprofit management and sociology fields. Each internship will be tailored to the student's needs.
• The program will align as much as possible with the student's course curriculum.
• The student will be assigned a specific mentor who will train, encourage and direct his/her work.
• Each internship will be personalized ahead of time to determine what task intern will perform/what responsibilities will be during program.
• Length of internship will be no less than one semester, according to student's school schedule.
• Minimum of 10 hours a week is required. If student can commit to additional hours, those hours must not conflict with student's ability to complete class assignments, lab work and sufficient study.
• The student will have a set schedule which can be altered due to organization's and student's needs, i.e. - time off for holidays and spring break for student. Additional hours will be needed on the day of fundraising events for KC Market.
• Throughout the internship, student will receive verbal feedback on the quality of work performed.
• At the end of the internship, student will receive a formal written evaluaton of work performed.
• At the end of the internship, student will receive a letter stating the hours completed.
• The student will have the opportunity to fill out and submit an evaluation of the Greater Kansas City Market's March of Dimes Internship Program.
Scope of Work
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Creating weekly reports for distribution to key committee members for market events, including March for Babies, Nurse of the Year and Signature Chefs Auction.
• Dealing with enquiries that come in via email and post.
• Writing letters and/or emails to thank supporters for their donations using our database.
• Identifying ways of raising funds and to take action to help secure thhis funding by contacting companies on the telephone or through email.
• Conducting research via the Internet.
• Helping to organize key fundraising events: March for Babies, Nurse of the Year and Signature Chefs Auction. Duties include: creating marketing materials using March of DImes proprietary software, setting up the room, coordinating with hotel staff to ensure guests are comfortable, coordinating volunteers to ensure they are aware of duties.
• Working as part of a team.
• Assisting with office organization and management supplies.
Submit resume and cover letter to Senior Development Manager Pamela Kelley at PKelley@marchofdimes.org