Creative internship (Lenexa, Kansas)
One paid creative internship position is available with MultiMedia Animal Care, owner of the dvm360 family of brands — the leading veterinary media organization in the industry. dvm360's media portfolio includes three print publications, a portal website, social media, curated digital product offerings, custom projects and more. dvm360 hosts four annual conferences that provide continuing education for veterinary professionals, with an expected conference attendance of 6,500-plus attendees. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environment.
Applicant should have interest in editorial content development in traditional and new media, social media, and other creaetive endeavors.
MultiMedia Animal Care is a subsidiary of MultiMedia Healthcare, LLC, owned by Michael J. Hennessy Asssociates. MJH Associations Inc. provides healthcare professionals with key information and resouirces to optimize patient outcomes. As a full-service healthcare communications company, we provide integrated communicatio products and services, education and research to the healthcare industry. We also combine the reach and influence of our powerful portfolio of digital and print product lines, live events and conferences, educational programs, and custom market research with the customer-service focus and customization capabilities of a boutique firm. Our clients include world-leading pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic and biotech companies.
Interns will be involved at various levels with the following:
• Content creation for print, digital, social media and events
• Business development via participation in creative idea generation, execution and promotion
• Support to the creative team by assisting in the development of multimedia, social and/or editorial content
• Communication with veterinary and animal health industry professionals, conference speakers, exhibitors and sponsors
• Administrative support indexing, categorizing and organizing editorial resources
• Good listening, crtical thinking and problem-solving skills, demonstrated flexibility
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications; strong preference for candidates with familiarity using Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems
• Must have strong communication, writing, editing and organizational skills
• Ability to manage details and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be available to work weekdays June 3-Aug. 20, 2019 (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
• $8.50 per hour
• Positions are in Lenexa
• Must be available to work conference. The dates are Aug. 23-26, 2019 at the Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, Mo.
Email resume and cover letter by March 22 to Adrienne Wagner at Adrinne.Wagner@ubm.com
Include your availability for an in-office or Skype interview the week of April 1-5.