The Brand Communications Manager will work with design professionals in our Global Studios to promote people, projects, and DLR Group expertise by creating content that can be repurposed and leveraged for media relations; digital communications; speaking engagements; and events. You will form relationships with designers and experts in all DLR Group locations and have your finger on the pulse of a Studio and awareness of major project pursuits, project wins, openings, conferences, and other activities, actions, and events within a Studio in real time.
This is a creative position requiring collaboration, a passion for story-telling, the ability to develop and communicate key messages clearly, and the ability to work independently while managing multiple deadlines simultaneously. The Brand Communications Manager will be a member of the firm’s Brand Communications Team and report to the Brand Communication Leader. This individual also will collaborate with Global Studio Leaders, design teams, and marketing teams to create content that elevates the design reputation of DLR Group.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Increase awareness of DLR Group’s expertise and services through continuous outreach via analogue and digital media strategies.
- Increase the visibility of DLR Group experts, integrated services, and design through earned media coverage, bylines, speaking, and interview opportunities.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key trade media, regional media, and consumer media outlets and contacts.
- Develop media materials aligned with the firm’s brand personality and guidelines with consistent adherence to AP Style guidelines.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant news and trends within targeted industry segments.
- Lead the development of annual communication plans that reflect a keen understanding of the business and strategic priorities of specific design studios.
- Collaborate as part of the National Brand Communications Team to contribute to the development and execution of a master editorial calendar.
- Prioritize urgent, competing demands; juggle multiple tasks; and follow projects through to final execution on deadline.
- Serve as a role model to other staff members by sharing PR knowledge and insights.
- Creation of clear, thoughtful and effective content that communicates your objective in all correspondence.
- 4-6 years of media relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Skilled in all facets of public relations and will have primary responsibility for leading thought leadership initiatives, and trade media relations programs.
- Possess a digital aptitude and understanding of social media best practices and emerging online strategies.
- Strong leadership skills with the confidence to work independently and within a collaborative team structure.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous tasks in a competitive, deadline-driven environment.
- Problem solver who is comfortable developing and presenting viable solutions and recommendations to senior staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, working aptitude of InDesign.
- Proven success placing and promoting content in relevant B2B publications, online platforms, and social media.
- Work samples may be requested.
For more information and to apply